Anse Chastanet & Scuba St.Lucia to welcome special guest lecturer and Caribbean Reef Life author Mickey Charteris this August.
Resort guests may enjoy complimentary lectures by Mickey Charteris. Visit overlaps with the annual spectacle of Coral Spawning.
Anse Chastanet Resort and their PADI 5 * dive operation Scuba St.Lucia look forward to hosting Mickey Charteris from 13-27th August 2022. Several workshops and presentations are offered throughout his stay, open to all guests and all ages, divers and non divers alike.
The event will culminate with the coral spawning event that will take place during 21-23rd of August.
In order to enhance guest’s experience, Mickey will be talking about the following topics:
- 14th August, Sunday - Competition: Hunting & feeding strategies
- 15th of August, Monday - Cooperation: Symbiosis and fish friendships
- 16th of August, Tuesday - Underwater Photography: Hints and tricks for getting the shot
- 17th of August, Wednesday - Macro Life, Wednesday,: Commensal and cryptic species
- 18th of August, Thursday - Slug Life: Nudibranchs and how to find them
- 19th of August, Friday -Sex on the Reef: reproduction strategies
- 20th of August, Sunday -break
- 21st of August, Sunday -Sex on the Reef: reproduction strategies
- 22nd of August, Monday - Competition: Hunting & feeding strategies
- 23rd of August, Tuesday - Cooperation: Symbiosis and fish friendships
- 24th of August, Wednesday - Underwater Photography: Hints and tricks for getting the shot
- 25th of August, Thursday - Macro Life, Wednesday,: Commensal and cryptic species
- 26th of August, Friday - Slug Life: Nudibranchs and how to find them
Note: The presentations will take place at the Beach Restaurant near the scuba centre, from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
About Mickey Charteris: Mickey Charteris was born in Canada and grew up in South Africa, where his love for the ocean and diving began. After diving in dozens of locations around the world his real passion became the reefs of the Caribbean, where he has lived for over 20 years. When he first started shooting underwater he was hooked, quit instructing and began amassing the photos that would eventually become the book Caribbean Reef Life, first published in 2012. With over 10,000 copies sold, the book is now into its 3rd edition, with over 1500 Caribbean reef species and varieties identified and described.
More than just an ID book, Caribbean Reef Life is a field guide that also looks at behaviors and interactions on a coral reef and gives hints on how to find some of the more elusive species.
Mickey teaches underwater photography and also does presentations to showcase the diversity and fragility of the ecosystems he has dedicated his life to. Still diving almost every day, Mickey continues to find new things to shoot and share with other divers.
Accommodation at Anse Chastanet: Our special weekly Dive Deal packages are priced as follows
US 2699 per person/diver/dbl occ/US 2409 per person/non-diver/dbl
US 2429 per person/diver/triple occ/US 2139 per person/non-diver/triple
US 3999 single diver/US 3709 single non-diver
The Dive Deal package includes: 7 nts run of house accommodation, airport transfers, breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, all tax/service, welcome drink and culinary amenity on arrival, 12 beach or boat dives incl of tank, weights, belt, mask, snorkel, fins ( other equipment at a charge if needed, marine park fee to be paid locally ) comp non motorized watersports. Special night dives will be offered on Coral Spawning nights. Night dives are charged at USD $64 plus a coral spawning surcharge of US 30 applies per dive, subject to 10% service charge and 10% VAT for each night dive, payable locally.
A marine park fee of US 15 is to be paid locally. The package is available to certified divers. Please bring your c cards with you. As you are aware certain medical conditions prevent you from diving. If you have any concerns, please address them prior to travel with your diving physician or contact our scuba shop at SCUBA@ANSECHASTANET.COM - we recommend that you study our pre-arrival scuba information which can be found here
To book your stay, refer to August Special Dive Weeks.
Special One Week Dive Deal at Anse Chastanet Book Now Coral Spawning Week St Lucia Dive Fest Eat Them To Beat Them Underwater Photography Weeks Sealife Photography, Learning & Rental Center